2015 was a year of great change for me with many people coming into and out of my life. Although 2015 was a year with so much change, I know that 2016 will be even more so. Everything that comes with going to college, graduating, moving out, living on my own, being away from my friends and family, etc., will change my average life dramatically. With all of these upcoming changes, it is necessary to create feasible goals for myself to assure that I am not overwhelmed by these drastic changes. Some goals that I am making for 2016 are to stay connected with my close friends and family, to make new friends, to stay active mentally and physically, and to work hard at school. I think these are important goals to set for myself because without them, I could easily fall off the wagon and become overly lazy. Some obstacles that stand in my way will be time and distance. I will be far away from loved ones, but I would still like to make time to see them. I will also be very busy with school work, social life, etc., and it will be difficult to make time for myself or others. I will overcome these obstacles by prioritizing in addition to spending my time wisely. I will make sure that I make time for friends, family, studies, and myself in spite of any obstacles that may be in my way. I will measure my future success based on my own capabilities, and not by comparing myself to others. I will try my best and be satisfied with knowing that I did my best. I expect to gain a lot of life experience and wisdom by doing all of these things on my own in the new year, and I can't wait to see the new and improved person I become by applying these things to my everyday life.

It sounds like you are very clear on the expectations that you have for yourself as you enter a big transitional year. Be willing to be flexible with your plan, as you will be surprised at how truly different life can be once you get there.
ReplyDeleteI love how dedicated you are to keeping the people who are important to you close, just don't forgot to keep room at the table for all of the new, wonderful relationships that are waiting for you next year. Best wishes on a wonderful 2016!